[CAUT] "this piano is dead" was Re: Tired wippens

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Tue Nov 14 17:39:39 MST 2006

Quoting davidskolnik at optonline.net:

> Wim -
>
> Money aside, I'm not sure why you would opt to replace those M's n'
> O's instead of rebuilding.  Give a clue?
>
> David Skolnik

I believe that there comes a time, especially with institutional
pianos, that you have to say "this piano has had it". In other words,
even though it might cost between $20 - 25K to totally rebuild these
pianos, (new everything, including keys), I don't think it will be as
good as a new one. At least that's my theory.

Other opinions?

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician