[CAUT] Piano Available

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Nov 22 05:58:41 MST 2006

At 01:32 PM 11/21/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Conrad
>
>You done good. I couldn't have written a better letter.
>
>In your situation, Conrad, would there have been a possibility for one
>of the dorms or the chapel at Luther to take the piano?
>
>Wim

Well...
Consigning a piano to a dorm is the kiss of death (I've killed three, so
far, that way) and the chapel is too small for much more than kneeling.

>On the other hand, four times I've had the opportunity to reply to such
>offers with a "thank you for your generous donation.  His/her instrument
>will be put to very good use in _____ here in the Music Division."
>Maybe we've just been lucky!  We've gotten 2 Baldwin Ls, a Hamburg O and
>a NY B.
>
>David M. Porritt

We _did_ get a 40's vintage NY D (ex-CD), once. Fetching it meant I got to
rig the sling for the crane to take it off the 7th floor balcony. ;-}  It
now shares the recital hall stage with our Hamburg D.

I didn't get to write the letter that time. ;-{

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.