[CAUT] breaking strings, Kawai KG-2A (1997)

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Nov 22 13:46:36 MST 2006

Thanks Mark.

JB

________________________________

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Cramer
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:51 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] breaking strings, Kawai KG-2A (1997)

Regarding scaling Jim, just remember ( I'm sure you have, but I know
someone who didn't :>(  that guages stamped on the bridge are metric,
which are about a 1/2 size smaller.

best regards,

Mark Cramer,

Brandon University

	I will be restringing these pianos next month (I've HAD IT with
them...) so does anyone have any advice concerning the scaling, etc.? I
will be dressing the V-bar and doing all the usual prepping. This is a
high tension scale and I'd love to redesign it but don't want to put
that kind of time and money into these...

	Any helps out there???

	Thanks.

	Jim Busby BYU