[CAUT] breaking strings, Kawai KG-2A (1997)

Geoffrey Pollard g.pollard at usyd.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 04:22:32 MST 2006

Hello Jim,

I would try to get a good handle on front duplex to capo string angles as part of information gathering during rescaling. It is not unknown for this angle to be excessive in Kawai piano trebles at times. If the angles are OK (11 - 20 degrees - perhaps using Ron N's device shown in his 9/11/06 post on this list) - then wire fatigue, hard hammers, flat hammers, scaling anomalies, capo profile, string cushion friction (in no particular order) are some likely culprits in my view.

Regards,
Geoffrey Pollard