[CAUT] Large and rapid humidity changes

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Nov 28 08:51:33 MST 2006

At 08:49 AM 11/28/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Check with Dampp-Chaser for an extra long (20') cord.
>We have a piano in a beautiful church where the
>piano is constantly moved for concerts and rehearsals.
>While the cord is sometimes run over by the wheels of
>the tripod it is highly respected and aesthetically accepted.
>
>To keep from tripping over the cord look for a rubber
>triangular shaped tube that will encase the cord.  Helps
>  protect the cord and keeps people from getting tangled
>in it.
>
>Funny how microphones and their cords are accepted
>and part of the production.
>
>Beauty is in the eyes... and ears.
>
>Joe
>Joel Jones, RPT
>Madison, WIl

I went a slightly different route here. After a while, the cord
starts showing the wire from the piano being run over it.  It's very
unsafe at that point!!  I cut the cord fairly short and put a new
plug on the end, coiled it up to form a strain relief attached to a
back post and got a supply of extension cords. Lots easier (and
quicker) to swap extension cords when the old one shows copper.

One of the faculty made a cloth sack which hangs on one of the lid
hinges and holds the rolled up extension cord. If the folks really
want to hide the cord during the concert/recital they can.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.