[CAUT] assistant position

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 19:18:22 MST 2006

Don writes:
<<  This administration wants to see a
quantitative argument. In other words, "Show Me the Money Savings!"
At this point I have come up with zip in the way of a good argument.
Has anyone out there used a dollars and cents approach that helped or
actually worked in your favor? >>

    I would suggest presenting the results of two approaches, what is being
done now, and how much it is costing, and the hypothetical scenario of what
your are suggesting and how much it would cost.
    You can make the hypothetical scenario anything you want it to be, there
is no proof and they would have to have outside "objective" expertise equal to
yours to test the hypothesis.  This will make it difficult for them to rebut
what your projections are, and hopefully, require that they give it a try to
find out.
     If, in your projected new arrangement, there is a 25% savings over 5
years, that might make a case for spending the amount that would hypothetically
be saved and enjoying better pianos at no greater long-term cost.  How could
they argue with that?  They can't,  they can only question it from a postion of
ignorance.
    All sorts of things are done on the speculation that they will work, ie,
government budgets, building contracts, wars, you know, stuff.

just a thought.....
Ed Foote RPT