[CAUT] 1/4 tone piano conversion

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Mon Dec 3 08:28:41 MST 2007

Caut Listmembers,
I have a request from the composer in residence here to convert a
Baldwin upright school-piano (late 70s early 80s vintage) into a
quarter-tone piano.  He suggested keeping C4 at standard pitch.  I
explained the need for rescaling and he still really wants the entire
piano permanently converted.

Has anyone done this?  Are there string-scale people out there
willing to take re-scaling this on?  Has anyone programmed an ETD to
do this (sorry I only do ET & WT(s) aurally).  I have a Verituner;
has anyone programmed it for 1/4 tone tunings?

Andrew C. Anderson
for Laredo Community College