[CAUT] mystery solved

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 22:09:45 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/13/2007 11:53:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

In this  case, the replacement would be solid
brass half round, and one continuous  piece, replacing the
tuned duplex with nice quiet short segment  lengths.

I've made such replacements both as one-piece-per-section, and as six
separate pieces more or less per the original (and similar to S&S and many  other
modern pianos).  Both seem to work equally well.  Fewer pieces  are easier to
make and install; but to my eye the six pieces look a little  nicer.

~ Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations
VermontPiano.com

346 Camp  Street