[CAUT] becoming an all Steinway School

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Dec 17 23:39:28 MST 2007

I'm not sure I see a horror story here.  A piano manufacturer replaces a
defective piano nearly on the spot ? Sounds to me like a case of
responsible handling of a product. I cant ever remember hearing a story
about any new Steinway delivered anywhere with ribs seperated from the
panel. I suppose things go wrong in any production setting from time to
time.

Cheers
RicB

    If you want to hear a horror story about a new "D".  The piano was
    chosen at
    Steinway by the college and was delivered in August 2006.  I was
    tuning it
    this spring and thought something did not look right.  Upon checking
    I found
    a small crack in the soundboard.  I crawled under the piano and was
    able to
    stick my business cards between 4 ribs and the soundboard.  The
    dealer asked
    me to send him the pictures, which I did.  The school had a new "D"
    delivered around the first of December 2007.  They said this was
    only the
    2nd time they could remember this happening.

    Clarence Zeches, RPT