[CAUT] A Christmas present from Edvard Grieg

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Dec 19 17:29:33 MST 2007

Hi Folks

I thought as long as we were sharing music I'd share a cut from the
latest release on Edvard Griegs own piano. The piece is from Edvard
Griegs Peasant Dances op 72. This is number 2: Jon Væstafæs Spring Dance.

http://www.pianostemmer.no/music/Springdance.mp3

Executive Producer Erid Gard Amundsen
Producer Tony Harrison
Recording Engineer Geoff Miles
Piano Technician Richard Brekne

Pianist Ingfrid Breie Nyhus
Piano Edvard Griegs Steinway and Sons "B"
Pitch A= 442

The whole CD is available on Simax PSC 1287

Note the pronounced killer octave sound and the rather undefined bass...
especially D2 and D#2.  In the latest (yet to be released) recording
work we tuned to 436 and the instrument became quite beautiful.  More on
that later... a fascinating story full of conflict, myth, magic and more.

Cheers
RicB