[CAUT] aches and pains

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Dec 26 04:42:12 MST 2007

Richard Brekne wrote:

> I dont suppose they have anything like bicycle gloves for sporadic
> pinched sciatic nerve syndrom do they ?
>
> Grin.. (or grimace... sometimes dont know which is appropriate)
>
> RicB

Non-Bicycle bicycle glove applications are only limited to your imagination.

  >    I like these as they have good padding and are easy to put on and

> take off. Also, the knit back helps to keep the hand cool. Since I
> have been wearing these I have been pain free. I believe they will
> help with carpal tunnel problems too.
  >    Don McKechnie

I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists and for a long while
avoided cycling (motor and pedal), but recent acquisition of a new
(not-drop-handlebar) bicycle has me thinking that I'll be pedaling my
xxx all over this area next year.

I haven't tuned pianos with cycling gloves, but certainly use them while
driving pins, running router/sander/drill press, pushing lawnmower,
operating chainsaw, tiller, vacuum and driving car/pickup. (18 hour
drive to Philly from here doesn't leave my hands numb) In short, any
activity which transmits constant vibration to the hand and wrist is a
possible use for them.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076