[CAUT] Parts

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Jan 2 12:26:24 MST 2007

Hi Folks and Happy New Year to all,

When you buy your next action parts - shanks, flanges, backchecks and
wippens - which manufacturer are you going to choose? And why?

Abel?
Tokiwa?
Renner?
Steinway?

I am currently working on a S&S M replacing S&F only and using Abel parts.
Not finished with the job yet, but so far I like the parts.

Pinning consistent at around 3g.
Shank radius weight mostly at 5g, with a dozen at 4g and another dozen at
6g.
Knuckle line is good. (Though I had to do a lot of flange papering to
compensate for the S&S rail design. I can't see much advantage to this
design. What am I missing?)

Thanks for your thoughts and experience.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at mail.ewu.edu