[CAUT] University of Ottawa

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 4 01:22:49 MST 2007

Thanks Alan.

I was wondering about how many instruments they had, and what kind of
maintainance/renewal  budget and program they have.  I hear one of their
Profs will be visiting our school this spring as well.  Anyways... just
comparing notes with a friend who is going to take her masters there.
Ottawa is not far from Buffalo NY... where I spent my first 6 years of
school.  Doesnt strike me as the worst climate for pianos if I
remember.... a bit on the dry side in the winter for sure but not so
clammy in the summer either. Sound about right ?

Cheers
RicB

    At 03:29 PM 1/3/07, RicB wrote:
     >Just curious if the tuner for the University of Ottawa is on line
     >with us.  And if so if he/she could clue me in on the work load /
     >situation there.

    The CAUT site lists Donald Cote and Scott Reeves (both RPTs) as the
    piano techs at U of Ottawa, however Anton Kuerti evidently just
    joined their faculty as a visiting professor of piano _______ so
    there'll be an extra person with tuning/voicing tools running around
    the department.
    Whether that will decrease or increase the work-load is anyone's
    guess.              :)

    I hope Don or Scott will chime in to let us know how things are
    going there.

    Regards,

    Alan B. Crane,  RPT
    School of Music