[CAUT] huge pitch raise question

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:20:13 MST 2007

Thank you Ed.
Great post! (as usual..)

So can I ask you... do you feel "extra"  (more than normal) friction
upon tuning it the second time around on your "fine tuning"?
I don't like that it feels like this at all.
And you bring it to pitch in one pass.. hmmm...maybe I should
investigate this instead of my usual routine of "ripping the band-aid
off slowly" type of pitch raising.
These strings break most of the time on the second pass, and while
this doesn't happen ALL the time, I sure can fell something really
different which I don't understand.

Thank you very much!!

:)
Michelle