[CAUT] huge pitch raise question

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Tue Jan 9 15:41:29 MST 2007

: o

Hey now... I dunno.. if I'm ever going to do that,  I'll have a *full
suit of armor* on!!

; )

*The Kimball console with strings that broke in the midrange*.

That's exactly what happens to me.
You said "the breaking point will vary depending on where you are in
the scale".
  Can you explain this more? (For I imagine they'd break more up at
the top octaves rather than right in the middle....)
All this time I was thinking I introduced some "extra" type of
tension- (that I could feel)  that wouldn't normally be on there if
this had been close to pitch upon my arrival.

I would love to see some wacky scientific experiment with lighted
gizmo's showing me what's happening (at the tuning pin especially)
after I yank 50-75 cents of string tension around it.