[CAUT] RE : huge pitch raise question

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Jan 12 07:07:51 MST 2007

Well, I did a pitch correction and re-timed all the dampers on a S&S
D yesterday in 3.5 hours.  I don't think my little tip is slowing me
down.  Typically I do a pitch correction tuning on a D in just under
two hours.  I found that the larger tips I was using gripped the pins
closer to the top and I did have trouble occasionally hitting the
coil with the tip.  The smaller tip grips the pins down low.  You
also don't get so much play, which might change the jerking style a
little but instead of deforming the pin head you are transmitting
that force to the pin fit directly.  I do swing the hammer in little
jerks the direction I want the pin to go too.  I find I can feel what
is going on in the pin better with the small tip.

Worth a try but, by all means: "Different strokes for different people."

Andrew Anderson