[CAUT] key-easing pliers?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:26:49 MDT 2007

Hi Ed,

I'm glad to know I'm the only one sizing leather that way. Actually, I
think I stole that from you!

IMO leather size/fit is crucial, along with sizing the mortise
(Spurlock) and using good bushing cauls (again Spurlock).

Also, the heat sizing iron/cauls from Pianotek help enormously! Between
the leather/cloth sizing, and the right cauls all the way through, we
rarely need to smash wood.

Jim Busby BYU