[CAUT] personal information on list

Thomas Seay t.seay at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 23 13:54:36 MDT 2007

>When discussing people on this list, we should remember that this is
>not a closed list - it is searchable by anyone and the archives are
>open for viewing for ever, or until internet meltdown.  It behooves
>us to be a bit more careful about publicizing personal information
>and judgments of of third parties.  (or perhaps get their permission
>to post?)
>
>Jurgen Goering
>Piano Forte Supply
>(250) 754-2440
>info at pianofortesupply.com
>http://www.pianofortesupply.com

Certainly a wise precaution.

We had this discussion some years ago when I suggested that we should
not give "tongue in cheek" or otherwise flip remakrs about methods of
working on pianos, even when we all knew we were kidding around with
each other.

As I recall, one or two people were unaware that this list is
searchable and took me to task for mentioning such a thing. One
person even suggested that I needed to add a lot more fiber to my
diet, or words to that effect, anyway. >:-}

Tom
--
Tom Seay, RPT
6701 North Park Drive