[CAUT] personal information on list

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Jul 24 14:37:22 MDT 2007

>Susan:
>
>Purging the archives is an extremely labor intensive job
>(hours!)  The archives then need to be reassembled.  It's easy to
>use a word processor to edit out things from a document.  This is
>not like that.  This is a bell that can't be un-rung.
>
>dave

Seems unreasonably complicated for a simple task, but I know nothing
about archive software, so I'll take your word for it. Maybe there's
an opportunity for someone good at programming, to make archive
software ("Lite"?) that's lighter on its feet? If one list has this
problem, surely thousands of others do, as well.

Susan