[CAUT] Position, Assistant, Frost SOM at U. of Miami

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Mon Jul 30 08:16:07 MDT 2007

Hello all,

My guess is many of you also received a letter from the Frost SOM announcing
the Assistant Keyboard Technician position, but thought I would go ahead and
post a synopsis of it here for any of that didn't (see bellow). I'll put it
up on the CAUT website also.

Incidentally, I can't ever recall so many open appointments while I've been
listing them on the website. In addition to the one at Frost, I show open
positions for the following:

University of Idaho, Moscow, Lionel Hampton SOM
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
SUNY Oswego
UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance (Kansas City , Missouri)
University of Houston
Director of Piano Services : New England Conservatory in Boston, MA
The University of Texas at Austin
Truman State University in Kirksville , MO

Maybe some of this are filled? If you know that any have been, please let me
know and I'll strike them from the website.
---------------------
Frost School of Music, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida

Position: Assistant Keyboard Technician

Qualifications: Candidates are sought with substantial professional
experience tuning and maintaining acoustic keyboards and maintaining
electronic keyboards. RPT Classification with the Piano Technicians Guild
required.

Responsibilities: Tuning, maintenance, and repair of the approximately 150
acoustic pianos and four harpsichords and the maintenance of approximately
60 electronic keyboards in the Frost SOM; rebuilding grand and
studio-upright keyboards; maintaining an inventory of keyboards.

Appointment: Full-time, 12-month, staff position, effective September 1,
2007, reporting directly to the Head Keyboard Technician. Salary
commensurate with qualifications.

The University Website: http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/
The Frost School of Music Website: http://www.music.miami.edu/

Applications: Nominations and applications are encouraged by 8/15/2007;
however, applications will continue to be accepted until the position has
been filled. Letters of application should be accompanied by a resume and
the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. Send
applications and nominations to:

Dr. Nicholas DeCarbo, Chair
Assistant Keyboard Technician Search Committee
Frost School of Music
University of Miami
P.O. Box 248165
Coral Gables, Florida 33124-7610