[CAUT] Well tempered Coffee

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Tue Jul 31 05:16:39 MDT 2007

Think coffee is off topic? I don't know. I doubt I could work on pianos at
all without it. I'd call it one of my primary tools of the trade, and the
better the brew, the better my work seems to be :)

Otto writes:
> I guess I could serve up a few cups of "Idaho Eye-Opener" to
> sweeten the deal (you provide your own sugar) :-).  As to
> strong French roast, that would depend on how it's
> defined....we're Finns, so it's gotta be strong, but the
> Charbucks style of producing miniature briquets doesn't
> appeal to me much....I prefer to taste the coffee.  No bias
> here, of course!

Ah yes, I'll take a strongly brewed Finn roast, or maybe an Otto roast then!

> Anybody who makes it up this way is welcome to drop in for a
> cup, courtesy of "Red Finn Roaster"!

I'll take you up on that should I ever get up to Moscow, Otto. Sounds great!

Actually, I looked at this job a little closer than any of the others. Looks
like a nice position, seems like a great little town, and I love Idaho (at
least I'd know where to get a great cup of coffee!). But, while real estate
looks a little less expensive there then some places, it's still a bunch
more than here. Oh, and I really like my job, and the location here too, and
my family would kill me! ;)

Otto, I think your new vocation sounds great! I've dreamed about similar
endeavors upon retirement. I hope and pray you have a fantastic time and
much success with Red Finn Roaster.

All the best, Scott