[CAUT] Bushing cloth thickness

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jul 31 08:30:29 MDT 2007

Hi Ed,
	Do you use cauls different from  Spurlock's standard sizes? I find
they require considerably thinner cloth than .053. About humidity
effects, It seems like the felt is a bigger factor, as high humidity
yields sluggishness. The idea being that felt will swell, closing the
gap, while the gap becomes wider due to expansion of the entire key
(or button). I guess if there is crushed wood, though, that would
tend to swell in high humidity, also closing the gap (kind of like
what I imagine happens with pinblocks and loose pins).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu