[CAUT] Moving Piano to Mexico/2nd "B"

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 18:39:47 MDT 2007

Jim, Larry, list....

I can't resist this....

While conducting early Steinway grand research I just learned that  the very
first production ancestor to the model "B" Steinway, and the  first production
Steinway to resemble a modern Steinway, was sold to someone  in....

Mexico!

This is a big deal, and I'd love to locate it (I'm still on a high from
finding the first "B" prototype, #19434 double iron grand prototype, in
Belgium.....)

The serial number is #25006, and it was sold to “A Wagner &  Levien  Mexico
July 18,  1872”
I assume that this was a dealer.  The piano will look like an early
jointed-rim Steinway, only 6'8", but with modern full plate and a model "B"  stringing
scale (20 note bass).
So ask Larry Fine to keep his eyes open for it, OK?     :)
Bill Shull
In a message dated 6/4/2007 3:06:53 P.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,