[CAUT] coupled motion and other myths

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun Jun 10 20:18:50 MDT 2007

Hi Richard,

Check out the article from 1979 in the Scientific American. I believe it is
titled "The Coupled Motion of Piano Strings".

Also see this link:

http://www.speech.kth.se/music/5_lectures/weinreic/strings.html

And read the next two linked pages after it.

Also try a google search on coupled motion of piano strings.

Perhaps there has been enough scientific research done to accept that
coupling of the strings does really happen.

At 06:10 PM 6/10/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>   Was posted........
>"""The bridge is not a ridged termination. (coupled motion of piano strings).
>If the rigidity changes with humidity then the string may appear longer
or>

>   It is not logical, rational, nor holds up to the Scientific Method of
>proof by experiment.
> Moody

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner