[CAUT] Snarly bass, was RE: Rubenstien Piano

Anne Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Sun Mar 4 09:20:53 MST 2007

Much late 18th and  most 19th century piano music PRESUMES a snarly bass.     Of course, on a modern piano, the bass is too loud, so it can become unpleasant.   You might try a slightly flatter  and softer hammer to eliminate some of those partials. Steinway hammers, e.g.,  are relatively pointed, giving more partials.

AA

From: Andrew Anderson <andrew at andersonmusic.com>