[CAUT] Snarly bass, was RE: Rubenstien Piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Mar 4 12:42:06 MST 2007

> Single wrap strings. Double wrap strings sound better, My mentor uses
> double wraps.
>
> Keith Roberts

I much prefer double wrap monochords too, but what string
winder can do double wraps for 9' pianos? They don't want to
go below 0.017 for an inner wrap, when a D sized string wants
0.015">0.011", or thereabouts. Going from the original 0.063"
re-bar to an 0.051" core wire helps a bunch though.

Ron N