[CAUT] Sheetbend string splice

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Mar 12 12:09:54 MST 2007

Hi Eric,
    Yes, sorry, but I did try to get closer in, and a better angle, but the
focus suffered and the flash washed it out. What I posted was the best of
four, with a bit of digital sharpening and exposure tweak. To do better, I
would need better equipment, and the knowledge of how to use it.
    But the essential thing is that the short end of the U just goes back
out next to the long end. Up and over the tail of the loop and through the
loop. Or, to describe it a bit differently, the wire comes through the loop
over the tail, passes under the wire, and goes back out over the tail.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico