[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

Ronald E Engle englepiano at juno.com
Sat Mar 17 16:44:08 MST 2007

I usually turn down complimentary tickets when I do the tuning because
that means they want you to give a break on the tuning fee.  A 10 minute
touch up when I have waited around for 2 to 3 hours (and especially when
I make a return trip) gets charged a full tuning fee.  I usually hang out
back stage left or right and take in the show until intermission.  That
is a neat prospective to watch from.

I did not used to be fond of George's style of playing but it has grown
on me and I have come to appreciate it.

Ron Engle, RPT