[CAUT] False Beats and George Winston

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Mar 18 13:44:27 MST 2007

> Would it be good to do away with the term "false beats" in favor of a
> more correct term like "single-string beats"?
>
> Kent

The biggest communication problem I see in the general
insistence on calling every odd noise a string makes, a false
beat, when there are more than a couple of causes of string
noises. I've tried to be very specific in my discussions of
these things, but that doesn't seem to have had much affect.

Ron N