[CAUT] Rubbing out laquer finish

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 23 07:10:00 MST 2007

: Re: [CAUT] Rubbing out laquer finish

Hi Richard,

The Steinway from Mrs. Blackman is finished other than fine voicing in
Brenda's office.  How do you rub out fingerprints etc from the old Steinway
laquer finishes? I tried some of the different cleaners diluted in a small
area, but it just seemed to smear it around.

Paul T. Williams RPT
University of Nebraska

Paul

Try some "purple cleaner."  I don't know a brand name, but it available in
most automotive sections of retail stores like Walmart.  Use a dilute
solution.  Follow the suggested solutions on the bottle.  It has
outperformed all cleaners I've used including Simple Green.  You may need to
go over the piano a few times.  Use large rags and keep them rinsed in the
solution.

Paul C