[CAUT] hammer softener

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Mar 23 10:10:58 MST 2007

Wim,

I tried steaming on two M and H model A's, but I steamed to the point I
thought I would damage something and got very little results.  I know I
should just replace the hammers this summer and perhaps I will.  Right
now, I need the immediate results.  The softener worked albeit with plenty
put on.  How much steam would be too much?  I haven't had any felt come
off the moudlings yet.  Maybe this is why they call them practice rooms!
I'll try a bit more steaming down the hall!

Thanks

Paul

Willem Blees <wblees at bama.ua.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
03/23/2007 11:30 AM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] hammer softener

Paul

Instead of hammer softener, have you considered steaming them?

Wim

Quoting Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>:

> Hi again List,
>
> Does anyone know what is in the Pianotek Hammer softener?  I was
> wondering
> if there is some homemade stuff that would work as well.  They only
> sell
> it in 8 Oz bottles and until budgets increase (ha ha) to replace lots
> of
> hard, worn, really really bright hammers et al, I need to use this
> stuff.
>
> Trying to save some doh ray me
>
> Paul

Willem Blees, RPT