[CAUT] Hamburg Steinway

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri May 4 13:58:40 MDT 2007

Jurgen,

This particular piano was purchased in Paris (I think) anyway, not in the
US  At least so says the professor who performs over there a lot...

pw

Jurgen Goering <pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/04/2007 02:07 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Hamburg Steinway

I'm curious about the availability of Hamburg Steinways In the US.  It
is my understanding that Steinway has divided the world up into two
parts:  NY to distribute in North and South America, HH (Hamburg) to
supply the rest of the continents.  Heaven forbid there may be gray
market Hamburg Steinways in North America - they may not have been
seasoned properly for the climate!
Joking aside, how do HH pianos end up in the US?  (besides the ship
part)

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440