[CAUT] Hamburg Steinway

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Mon May 7 10:08:41 MDT 2007

In a message dated 5/7/07 8:33:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu writes:

Hi Wim,

Our  professor wants a value quote for insurance purposes.  However, when I
appraise an instrument, I give three prices: Replacement cost of brand new;
The price a "downtown" store might put on it; and a price she could expect to
advertise if she were to sell it herself.  She isn't planning on selling  it
(I don't think), but in Lincoln, NE, she would have to advertise a huge  area
probably from Chicago to Dallas, or farther....

Yes, "good" condition meant that it needs work albeit  several thousand
dollars worth, but if a new one costs $140,000, then several  thousand isn't so big
in perspective.....

Best,

Paul

Paul

The "as is" appraised value for this piano would be about 60 - 70% of a
brand new piano, less the anticipated cost of replacing the part, etc, including
case work.

Wim