[CAUT] Hamburg Steinway

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Mon May 7 11:57:01 MDT 2007

David,

Many years ago  i was part of a blind test.  The test
was between the American and the German Steinway.
For control we added another American that was
condemned to a rehearsal room.

Yes, the majority liked the third piano.  Most could
not pick out their 'favorite' piano.

This test was judged on  hearing only.  However,
I think it would be impossible to do a controlled
blind test on the action of a piano.  Maybe some-
one has been part of that testing.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI