[CAUT] Critter-damaged balance punchings in Yamaha P-22s

Nancy Salmon nmsalmon at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:49:52 MDT 2007

I don't use any chemicals in a home. I even ask about the cedar spray since
so many are allergic to cedar. I take the action outside to blow it out. I
vacuum the cabinet thoroughly. If it's kept clean for several visits I have
seen no bug reinfestation. Damaged felt has to be replaced. Hammers are
usually the last to be attacked because they're dense. If there are tunnels
in the hammers, ideally they are replaced.
I received tools and supplies from several retiring tuners in my area. In
one batch the felt & paper was preserved with what smelled like mountain
lion urine; could not get rid of it; had to toss it. Another tuner used
ground coffee. Seemed to work, felt was perfect and not too smelly.
Nancy Salmon RPT
Frostburg State U.