[CAUT] Are there many piano techs who are veterans?

John Dutton duttonjw at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:36:32 MDT 2007

I am a Marine veteran.  To be honest, I lost more hearing due to tinnitus
during recruit training than I did at any of the many gun ranges I attended.
The cement floor/wall/ceiling open squad bays with 80-105 recruits screaming
at the top of their lungs should have required double hearing protection!
Of course I was 28 at the time so perhaps I hadn't had enough pop radio to
raise my threshold of 'loudness' to the appropriate levels.  While in the
fleet even during Mountain Warfare school I managed to wear proper ear
protection and I distinctly remember my ears ringing for three weeks after
recruit training.  Thank goodness I don't have hyperaccusis though my left
ear rings constantly and my right ear frequently.  At least they ring in
P5's.

John Dutton
(former plt sgt USMC)