[CAUT] Agraffes and dampers

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue May 15 20:03:36 MDT 2007

<< :  A  Petrof P131 upright with agraffes to the top has broken every

> string from E6-E7.  The break is at the edge of the bearing before

> entering the agraffe on the speaking side. Any ideas? >>

Greetings,
       My idea is that there is a combination of heavy play, and less that
optimum wire.   Restring with Mapes Gold and see if that brand is more durable
than the original.  We see a lot of broken strings in the C2 Yamahas, but
rarely have i seen one of my replacements break.  I may be simply restringing all
these pianos, one note at a time...
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>