[CAUT] Killer half-octave

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed May 16 11:07:53 MDT 2007

I wonder whether a killer octave problem would be quite so localized in such
a small area.  It makes me think that hammer fitting, strike point and clean
terminations would be well worth checking first.  Also, sample some other
hammers in the section.  Heavily lacquered Steinway hammers have a way of
developing TDD (tonal deficit disorder) and an inability to focus.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com