[CAUT] Fiberboard

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 15:31:47 MDT 2007

We use to buy it in several thicknesses from supply houses that sell to
electric motor repair and rewinding shops.  It's a heavy duty insulator as
well as a handy material to pack copper windings in motor stators and
armatures.  I've been out of the business too long to know who you can
contact.  Try googling for electric motor repair and rewinding.  Also look
for shops that rebuild transformers.  You may be able to get it in small
amounts from the shops instead of the supply houses.

Paul C

Subject: Re: [CAUT] Fiberboard

Why use the stuff? I've been building these things up using laminate maple
veneers for years. It takes a bit of gluing and sculpting but the result is
you get a string that doesn't lie against the plate, going up to the tuning
pin. Sorry I couldn't locate a picture right off. I'll look again later.

Del