[CAUT] Fiberboard

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed May 16 17:28:37 MDT 2007

Del writes:

<<  I've been building these things up using laminate maple
veneers for years. It takes a bit of gluing and sculpting but the result is
you
get a string that doesn't lie against the plate, going up to the tuning pin.

Greetings,
    Years ago, I needed to replace one of these understring supports, and I
found a sheet of asbestos material at the local gasket supply house.  It is
non-friable,(doesn't make dust), durable, and cuts with a regular box cutter.
    I bet there are other gasket materials in a variety of thicknesses that
would handle this job quite well.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>