[CAUT] New job

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Tue May 22 06:35:57 MDT 2007

In a message dated 5/22/07 4:27:28 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:

Iffn  conditions were diff'rent, I'd say Aloha, too.  We'd probably
fight  over who turned pages, however, and be a couple of clang-a-lot
ding-a-lings... ;-}
Our bell choir just celebrated 25 years, and at one  time there were 3
piano tuners in it.  (now there's only 2  RPTs)

What, if anything, is the connection betwixt bells and  pianos?

Enjoy your Pacific adventure !!

Conrad  Hoffsommer

What's the connection between handbells and pianos, you ask. Nothing  really,
but I really enjoy playing handbells. I also love playing racquetball. I
tune pianos to make a living. I play handbells and racquetball to support my
"habits".

I have, on several occasions, however, used my ear to point out some very
out of tune handbells. In a choir up in St. Louis, the first time I played  Ab
3, it was so flat I thought I had picked up the wrong bell. Yet no-one had
ever heard it.  And this last semester I volunteered to direct a  handbell choir
at another church, and their C4 & D4 were so horribly out of  tune, it made
the rest of the bells sound awful. Unfortunately, bells can't  be tuned, at
least not with the equipment I have available.

Jan and I are really looking forward to our new life. It's going to cost us
some money, but I am confident I can recoup the expense in a couple of months.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to saying it, too. Aloha

Wim