[CAUT] Voicing method/analogy

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun May 27 13:42:25 MDT 2007

Yes and moreover, hammer selection (heavy, light, dense, not dense) will
depend on soundboard response (primarily), scale design (secondarily-but not
far behind).  An older soundboard prone to whump and whine type of tone will
likely be much better off with a lighter and probably softer hammer than a
heavier one and harder one-personal taste notwithstanding.  Hammer choice
for a suitable tonal match first, action ratio to accommodate hammer choice
second, voicing to smooth the bumps third.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com