[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Nov 5 12:09:38 MST 2007

Hi Les,

This is why I always mention a "time period" and/or experience needed
before one can even test for RPT. For example, before one can become a
journeyman concrete finisher "3 years experience" must be verified,
along with other tests and criteria. I'm always brushed aside when I
make such statements. Seems like I could take most anyone with fairly
good mental/tactile skills and get them to pass the test at 80% in a few
weeks or months, if that is we focused on. Even though such a time line
and or verification of experience would in no way guarantee skill it
seems SOME time/experience should be expected.

Regards,

Jim Busby BYU