[CAUT] WT intonation/violin

Jeff Stickney jpstickney at montanadsl.net
Tue Nov 6 19:39:22 MST 2007

Ed,

I have been tuning Coleman 10 on a customer's piano for a little over  a
year now, and just put it on a Yamaha S6 for a public performance by
him.  I didn't have a lot of time to listen after the tuning, but my
impression was that nothing was "wild", and some of it was downright
sweet.  Is this a smoother tuning than Coleman 11? The same piano will
be used for a jazz performance the next night, and I am considering
leaving the Coleman on instead of changing it back to ET.  What do you
think?  And should the pianist be "warned" (or maybe better, consulted)
before I do that - or should I wait for the reaction (or lack thereof)?

Jeff Stickney RPT