[CAUT] Bowing piano strings?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Nov 13 05:46:20 MST 2007

A440A at aol.com wrote:
> <<  I think that rosin is probably not too good for bass strings, what do you think?<<'

>        Greetings,
>        I think anything is not too good for bass strings!  Bass strings go
> dead with the least amount of contamination.  I have seen one drop of Coke kill
> a bass string, so maybe they should think of shoe-shining it with something
> that doesn't come off.
>  > Ed Foote RPT

In the interest of fair play, will they also be playing the violin with
bass hammers - preferably petrified (but rosin applied to the striking
surface)?

Getting ANY substance into the windings is abuse.

If they really want to bow a bass string, first they should get a wash
tub and a 2x4...

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel