[CAUT] CAUT job description vis-a-vis salary level (was:

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 17:12:10 MST 2007

Not to say, "I told you so", but what Israel is proposing is something I mentioned about 4 weeks ago. First of all, CAUT should be offering more classes at seminars and the convention on managing. Time management, inventory management, personnel management, teacher management. But this is also why I think we need to upgrade the educational requirement to more than just a high school diploma. Perhaps not in all situations, but a college degree is more than just regurgitating information back to the professors. It shows an administrator that you're able to manage time; time to get home work done, time to go to classes, concerts, etc.  That in itself is a very valuable skill and quality to have.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of