[CAUT] Fwd: CAUT job description vis-a-vis salary level (was:

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 20:18:05 MST 2007

Israel & List,

Interesting point, about stressing the management aspect vis a vis
reclassification.  A testimonial to reinforce it.  Several years back,
during one of my many pushes for greater compensation, I was told that
in order to pay me more, they would have to reclassify me to the same
level as middle management.  (And this in a PRIVATE institution, which
on one hand is less rigid that state institutions but, on the other, is
not as well funded.)  I was not savvy enough then to grab that stick
and run with it, by telling them that that is where my position
belongs!  Long story short, I got the bump, but am still doing X work
for Y salary.  (Sadly, most everyone here is under compensated.)  Hey,
does anyone know what that Director of Piano Services job at New
England Conservatory pays?

Cheers,

Alan Eder