[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Nov 14 15:36:03 MST 2007

I have 2 part time University level jobs on an hourly wage contract.
Together these work out to about 70 % of my yearly income.  Most of the
rest of my income is also institutional work done on contract. I am
fortunate enough at this point to be able to pick and choose any other
outside work. I suppose I average around a 50 hour work week.
University money is probably about on average with the states... the
rest is fairly lucrative.

In answer to your other question.  I started at the UiB after about 25
years of experience.  They had been using a blind fellow for 16 hours a
week 36 weeks of the year to take care of 54 instruments.  I have them
up to 21 hours a week for 44 weeks of the year and we are doing all
repair work in house now. My goal is to get them to see the advantage of
a fully equipped rebuild shop.  At present I'm operating out of about a
5 by 4 meter room.  Grin... amazing what you can get done in such a
little space if you have too.

Cheers
RicB

    Another question, how many CAUT's work outside of the university in
    addition to their positions?

    David Ilvedson, RPT

    Pacifica, CA 94044