[CAUT] Hygrometers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Nov 15 12:42:26 MST 2007

Hi List,

I have a couple of those cheap  max-min thermo-hygro readers from
Pianotek.  I'm not sure if they're very accurate.  If you all remember,
last fall/winter I sent in some photos of one of our recital rooms that
Richard West took before I got here with the fog and water dripping all
over everything.  It hasn't been that bad since I've been here, but the
last couple of times I've gone in there this past week, it feels really
muggy, but the hygrometer only registers 40-45% (which would be ideal).
Any suggestions on who makes a real accurate reader?

Thanks

Paul T. Williams RPT
UNL