[CAUT] Downbearing Error

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 16:26:40 MST 2007

 >That is to say unless someone has a good reason why plugging and
 >re-drilling bridge pin holes is a bad idea in itself.

Plug with end grain shanks?  I've done spot repairs this way but
wouldn't trust a whole section. If you want to resurface, let the
tension down and pull all the strings in those sections. Pull all
the bridge pins and fill the holes with epoxy. Resurface, map out
your new holes, drill, renotch, etc.

But first check to see if you can install the next size diameter
pin which might return your side bearing and not have to epoxy.

Regards,

Jon Page

PS  Getting to the bridge pins near the struts is impossible. You
might end up pulling the plate. Oy.